A lewd conduct in public charge is issued when a person allegedly solicited anyone to engage in lewd or dissolute conduct in any public place, any place open to the public, or exposed to public view. Most of these charges stem from undercover sting operations conducted by local law enforcement. There is another, simpler term for this type of sting operation: entrapment.
The San Diego criminal defense lawyers at the Law Offices of Bradley R. Corbett are fully aware of the unlawful tactics used by police and have successfully defended many charged with lewd conduct in public. If you are caught in a sting operation, don’t hesitate to contact our San Diego criminal defense attorney for assistance.
A lewd conduct charge is something that can and will affect you and your family’s life if it is not properly defended in court. California prosecutors who pursue lewd conduct charges must prove 5 elements of the crime:
- The defendant willfully engaged in the touching of his own or another person’s genitals, buttocks, or female breast.
- It was done with the intent to arouse or gratify themselves or another person sexually
- It was done in a public place, a place open to the public, or privy to public view
- Someone else was present during the act and was offended
- The defendant knew or reasonably should have known that another person who might be offended by the conduct was present
Don’t leave your defense to just any San Diego lawyer. Contact the experienced criminal defense team at the Law Offices of Bradley R. Corbett for a consultation today!