A child endangerment conviction is one that can seriously affect you and your family’s life. Avoid the ridicule and persecution that is often associated with this crime by securing a professional San Diego criminal defense attorney. At the law offices of Bradley R. Corbett, we know just how sensitive and damaging child endangerment cases can be. We will work tirelessly to provide you and your family with the legal defense needed to get the best result possible.
In the state of California, child endangerment charges can be levied even when the child doesn’t suffer any actual injury. Because of this, it is not uncommon for innocent people to face this prosecution. Our San Diego child endangerment defense lawyers know that in order to secure a conviction, the prosecution must prove certain elements of the crime including:
- The willful infliction of unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering on a child under the age 18
- The willful causation or willful negligence that permitted a child to suffer unjustifiable physical pain or mental suffering
- That while the child was under your care or control:
- The child’s person or health was permitted to be injured by your willful causation or negligence
- That you willfully caused or due to your negligence caused the child to be placed in a situation where their person or health may be endangered
If you have been accused of child endangerment, you could be convicted either with a misdemeanor or felony. If convicted with a misdemeanor, you could face up to one year in county jail, 4 years of informal probation, and up to $1,000 in fines. If convicted with a felony, you could face harsher penalties including 2-6 years in state prison, minimum of 4 years probation, and a maximum $10,000 fine. Don’t face these charges alone. Call the San Diego criminal defense lawyer you can trust. Contact the Law Offices of Bradley R. Corbett today.